is the worlds most effective self defense system that emphasizes instinctive movements, practical techniques, and realistic training scenarios.
Principles of Krav Maga
- Use whatever works. We operate on the premise that there are no limiting rules of engagement when it comes to protecting yourself.
- 3 part process – address the immediate danger, violently counter attack, evacuate the danger zone.
- Our goal is to dominate and neutralize the threat as quickly as possible. We do not want to get into a fight and exchange blow for blow with someone we don’t know anything about (ie their capabilities, strength, speed, etc).
- Retzev: continuous and aggressive combat motion to overwhelm the opposition.
- Reset attacker’s thought process by inflicting pain and disrupting their balance.
- You don’t beat someone physically by paining them into submission on the street, you defeat someone psychologically and physiologically.
- All attacks are targeted to vulnerable parts of the body such as the eyes, nose, ears, throat, groin, knees, and spine.
- Maintain situational awareness while dealing with a threat in order to look for additional attackers, escape routes, and weapons of opportunity.